James A. Garfield Driving School
Gold - Superior Driver Training
The Top Driver Gold Program provides additional training depth. Gold includes additional customized in-vehicle training and features:
- 24 hours of interactive classroom instruction with a multi-media curriculum
- 8 hours of individual behind-the-wheel driver training done in two-hour sessions
- In-vehicle lessons that begin and end at our education center (the high school) so 100% of the time is focused on individual training and skill development rather than transporting other students
- 2 additional hours of in-car training with a professional driving instructor where we coach or challenge the student based on their skill level. For students competent in the basic skills, we focus on more advanced skills. For students needing additional training in a particular skill, we help bring their skills to a competent level.
- In-vehicle video learning where an instructor can show a student a driving skill visually on an in-dash DVD player. The student can then practice what they saw and view it again if necessary.
- Engaging instructors who've passed stringent background checks and training
- Individual driving lessons that are 100% focused on training and skill development rather than transporting other students
- Student response sheets that summarize the learning concepts for each lesson. Students retain these sheets to "build their own training book" and reference it as they pursue their permit test, driving test, and drivers license.
- On-road Coaching Guides (i.e. "progress reports") given after every driving lesson to identify progress and specific skills to practice
- Customer service that will help you enroll, schedule driving lessons, and can answer questions about driving classes or the process for a teen to get an Illinois drivers license.
Don’t settle when it comes to your teen’s driver education. The Top Driver Gold program is your best choice.